Research manager – cloud robotics
This is an opportunity to join our team (either at our premises in Coventry or remotely from anywhere in Europe), and work on our revolutionary cloud robotics service (Noos), which provides an array of AI modules to support Robot autonomy, as well as Human-Robot interaction.
We are already applying Noos in the creation and delivery of service robotics applications for the elderly (offering cognitive assistance, geriatric assessment, and companionship). However, Noos can be used in various other domains and fields, such as medical and clinical, children education, civil, agriculture, manufacturing and shop-floor operations, intelligent transport systems, unmanned vehicles, monitoring and security, etc.
We are looking for a Research manager to not only push forward our current work in cloud robotics by building applications that use Noos in specific contexts, but also to help us achieve our dream of building an AI infrastructure that will offer centralised intelligence to robots.
What you will do
You will collaborate with our technology partners and customers in cutting-edge projects. You will effectively present your ideas to them, and to the company’s management. You will seek funding for these ideas, by preparing technical proposals and presentations. You will have ownership of funded projects, including managing junior staff and budget.
Who you are
You are responsible and self-motivated, with the ability to work in a start-up culture. You are also able to:
– Keep up to date with the latest technologies, evaluate new tools and learn new techniques
– Communicate complex and technical information both in writing and orally
– Design, write, test, and document high quality code
– Solve problems, both individually and as part of a team
– Meet tight deadlines
Your essential skills
– Coding experience in C++
– Experience in GNU / Unix environments
– Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
– Experience with Horizon 2020 and/or Innovate UK funding processes
Your desirable skills
– Hold or about to complete a PhD in robotics / AI or equivalent
– Familiarity with OpenCV / PyTorch / TensorFlow / CUDA / MRPT
– Familiarity with the Boost Framework
– Experience using code version control tools (SVN/Git)
What we offer
– Work-time flexibility, including teleworking
– A research based culture within a private company
– Base salary: £40-60K, depending on experience
– Stock options and bonuses
Please send CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.